Best Dash Wallet: Safely Store DASH in 2022
Dash (DASH) is a top 50 cryptocurrency that has a market cap of nearly $4 billion. There are over 10 million DASH coins in circulation at the moment. Originally called XCoin, Dash was launched in January 2014 as a fork of Litecoin (LTC). Dash is an open-source blockchain platform that offers a decentralized, fast and cheap global payments network.
Best Dash Wallets On The Market
Dash is an open-source blockchain platform that offers a decentralized, fast and cheap global payments network.
Dash’s main goal is to offer faster transactions and stronger privacy than Bitcoin (BTC). While Bitcoin can handle up to 7 transactions per second, Dash can handle up to 35 transactions per second. If you want to invest in Dash, purchase the crypto token at an exchange and transfer your investment from the exchange to a Dash wallet.
Here is all you should know about the best Dash wallets on the market.
Best DASH wallets on the market
Find below a list of the best desktop, mobile, and hardware wallets to store Dash.
Best desktop wallet Jaxx wallet
Launched in 2014 by Decentral, Jaxx Wallet is a multi-currency crypto wallet. Jaxx Wallet’s new and improved version, Jaxx Liberty, was launched in July 2018.
Here are Jaxx Wallet’s primary features:
- The online wallet supports over 90 crypto-based digital assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum (ETH) and Dash.
- Jaxx Wallet supports Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems.
- Cross-platform pairing is on offer. Essentially, this means that you can use both the Jaxx desktop wallet and mobile wallet as a single entity. You can access your funds through either wallet type and send, receive and manage your crypto assets.
- You can buy Dash, as the Dash cryptocurrency wallet has links to third-party applications like Changelly and Simplex. Similarly, you can sell crypto tokens as well.
- The wallet’s intuitive user interface promotes ease of use and allows you to track the prices of the top 100 cryptocurrencies.
- You can exchange crypto tokens within the wallet’s premises (ShapeShift integration). In essence, you can use Jaxx Wallet as a one-stop destination to store, buy, sell and exchange crypto-based digital assets.
- You can follow breaking blockchain news from several reliable sources.
- Jaxx Wallet is available as a Google Chrome extension.
- As the wallet offers an option to view and copy private keys, you can create a paper wallet for cold storage.
- 12-word backup phrase on offer.
- The desktop wallet supports multiple crypto coins.
- You can store, buy, sell and trade several crypto assets.
- The wallet is secure and easy to use.
- Jaxx Wallet supports multiple operating systems.
- The wallet is available in the form of a mobile wallet as well for Android and iOS users.
- No two-factor authentication (2FA) or multi-signature support.
- The wallet experienced a major breach in late 2017.
Jaxx Liberty is a great wallet if you’re really into ERC-20 coins, as it supports nearly everyone on the market. However, this online and mobile wallet supports other popular coins as well. With support for Android, iOS, and Chrome, you can use your Jaxx wallet anywhere you go.
Make sure you have your Jaxx wallet on your device so you can check on your favorite cryptocurrencies anytime, anywhere.Visit Jaxx
Launched in 2015, Exodus wallet is a free desktop wallet to store Dash.
Mentioned below are some of Exodus wallet’s main features:
- Exodus supports over 70 crypto coins and tokens and is written in Python.
- The desktop wallet is a lightweight solution that is updated every two weeks.
- The hot wallet is based on a client-server protocol and is available in the form of a desktop wallet and a mobile wallet.
- The desktop wallet supports Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
- You can link the wallet to a Trezor hardware wallet to enhance its security.
- Exodus wallet’s portfolio section allows you to manage and organize your crypto assets. You can check the value of crypto tokens against different fiat currency options.
- You can trade cryptocurrencies within the wallet.
- Excellent customer support service.
- The wallet offers options to customize its appearance.
- The wallet offers multi-currency support.
- Desktop and mobile compatibility.
- You can exchange cryptocurrencies within the wallet without having to visit an exchange.
- Trezor integration on offer.
- The wallet does not offer 2FA.
- Exodus wallet charges relatively high trading fees.
- Exodus wallet’s email restore option presents a potential loophole. If a hacker gains access to your email account, he could gain access to your Exodus wallet.
The Exodus wallet is perfect for those just starting out in cryptocurrency or for those who are mainstream enthusiasts. This beautiful, easy to use wallet is secure, intuitive, and supports hundreds of digital assets. Manage all your favorite coins and tokens all in the same place with this appealing wallet.
If you’re ready to manage your cryptocurrency from your Desktop, Android, or iOS device, head on over to the Exodus website today!Visit Exodus
If you are looking for a mobile app solution, Coinomi and Dash Wallet should be on your radar.
Coinomi wallet is the best mobile wallet to store Dash.
- Here are Coinomi Wallet’s principal features:
- Founded in 2014, Coinomi Wallet is one of the most trusted mobile wallets in the business.
- The hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet supports over 125 blockchains.
- Private keys are stored locally.
- Coinomi Wallet is SegWit-enabled. The wallet also offers an option to set custom or dynamic fees, according to the priority of a transaction.
- The wallet does not collect user information and masks IP addresses to prevent spying.
- You have to create and enter a password to access the wallet’s contents.
- A backup seed phrase is on offer.
- You can exchange cryptocurrencies within the app. This is possible through the wallet’s Simplex and Changelly integrations. Not only does using Coinomi wallet to exchange crypto tokens save time, but also saves the fees you would have to spend at a crypto exchange. You do not have to go through a KYC procedure as well.
- A desktop version of the wallet was launched in 2019.
- The wallet is user-friendly and offers one of the most intuitive mobile user interfaces we have come across.
- Multi-currency wallet.
- Advanced security features on offer.
- The wallet is translated into multiple languages. These include English, Spanish, Chinese, French, German, etc.
- In-app exchange support. This feature saves time and money.
- Prompt customer support channels.
- The wallet isn’t open-source.
- Coinomi Wallet has bee breached in the past. In February 2019, a Coinomi user lost over $60,000 worth of crypto tokens.
Dash Wallet was created by Hash Engineering and supports several advanced Dash features.
- Read on to learn about Dash Wallet’s features:
- Open-source wallet.
- Dash Wallet supports InstantSend, a feature that allows instant transaction processing.
- You can scan and display QR codes to send and receive Dash.
- A user-friendly interface that does not require you to register.
- You can send or receive Dash coins via Bluetooth even if you’re offline.
- Both Android and iOS users can download the wallet.
- Open-source wallet that is easy to use.
- The mobile wallet supports a plethora of advanced Dash features and allows you to instantly send and receive Dash, restore your wallet with a backup phrase, sweep paper wallets, pay with NFC, etc.
- The mobile device wallet is available for Android and iOS users.
- The wallet only supports Dash.
Ledger Nano S is the best cold wallet to store and manage DASH tokens.
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is the safest cryptocurrency wallet to store Dash.
We have compiled a list of the hardware wallet’s key features:
- The cold storage wallet gives you complete control over private keys. Your private keys never leave the comfort of the physical storage device.
- The Ledger wallet supports over 1,500 cryptocurrency-based digital currencies. These include Bitcoin and altcoins like Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum, Litecoin and Dash.
- A 4-8 digit PIN code ensures an additional layer of security.
- The offline wallet supports 2FA.
- A 24-word seed phrase allows you to recover your holdings.
- The most secure wallet to store and manage DASH.
- Security features like an access PIN code, 2FA and a 24-word backup phrase.
- Multi-currency wallet.
- You have sole ownership over your private keys and crypto assets.
- In order to use a Ledger Nano S wallet, you have to fork out $59.
How to add DASH to Ledger Nano S?
Follow these steps to add DASH to Ledger Nano S:
1. Open the Ledger Manager application on your desktop/laptop.
2. Connect your Ledger Nano S to the desktop/laptop and unlock the Ledger device.
3. Install the Bitcoin application, as Dash requires it.
3. Search for the Dash application in the application catalog and install it.
5. Add your Dash account to send and receive DASH tokens.
We have answered some frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Dash, the DASH token and DASH wallets.
How to add money to my DASH wallet?
Let’s say you want to transfer Dash from a cryptocurrency exchange like Binance to a DASH wallet. If you are operating on the Binance app, click on the Wallets tab at the bottom of your screen.
Click on the Spot wallet option at the top of your screen. You will see all the crypto tokens you have invested in at the center of your screen.
Click on your Dash investment followed by the Withdrawal button. Open your DASH wallet and locate your wallet address or QR code.
Open the Binance app and paste your wallet address/scan your QR code. Enter the amount of Dash you wish to withdraw and click on the Withdrawal button.
How much is a DASH coin worth?
A DASH coin is currently worth $371.92. 2021 has been a profitable year for Dash investors, as the cryptocurrency has risen four-fold in valuation.
Dash is well-poised to once again reach the 4-digit mark. That said, if you are looking to invest in a near-instant payments network, Ripple is a fascinating proposition.
Dash network is a well-marketed, payments-focused blockchain that suffices for many purposes.
Dash blockchain’s main goal is to be the most scalable and user-friendly payments-focused crypto token.
Ledger Nano S is the best Dash coin wallet without a shadow of a doubt. Hardware wallets like Trezor and KeepKey are worth exploring as well.
Jaxx Wallet and Exodus are the best wallets for investors who do not want to purchase a hardware wallet.
Atomic Wallet and Guarda Wallet are good desktop wallet solutions too.
While Dash is a magnificent project and investment option, we feel that you are better off investing in like-minded cryptocurrencies like Litecoin and Ripple.