How to Buy Bitcoin With Credit Card in New Zealand
Following its skyrocketing popularity, Bitcoin has become many New Zealand investors’ choices for long-term profit. Every day, people are looking for the best way to invest in Bitcoin and trade the cryptocurrency for returns.
From what we have seen in the past six months, it is a sensible decision too. If you can analyze the market and try an efficient entry-exit position duo, Bitcoin investments are worthwhile. It is also one of the effective PayPal alternatives.
Here is the problem, though: many beginner Bitcoin kiwi traders do not have sufficient capital to invest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), and more.
Considering that Bitcoin’s value has stayed above the $30,000 point in these months, buying Bitcoin requires some funds. It is why you should think about buying BTC with a card instead of POLi instant payment or direct bank transfer.
That is, instead of relying on the cash in your bank account, you can use the credit from the card issuer to purchase Bitcoin and various other digital assets and crypto assets powered by Blockchain.
In case you have not thought about it yet, buying BTC with a card offers so many advantages. At the same time, you should take note of a few restrictions as well. In this guide, we will discuss how to buy Bitcoin with a card in New Zealand.
Why should you buy Bitcoin with a card?
Here are some reasons why you should consider buying Bitcoin.
- You do not need a massive amount of money in your bank to invest in Bitcoin. If you have a sufficient card limit, you can use it to purchase a good amount of Bitcoin. Now, this point comes in handy for many investors who have just begun their journey. After all, buying Bitcoin using your card is way better than relying on some random places for credit.
- Compared to POLi instant payments and direct wire transfer, using a card to buy Bitcoin is an ultimately straightforward task. Most cryptocurrency exchanges allow you to save card details for easier checkout, you know. Therefore, if you want to make back-to-back Bitcoin purchases, using a card is a more convenient option.
- There are times you can earn rewards and cashback by spending a considerable amount via a card. If you have not achieved those rewards yet, buying Bitcoin will be a suitable option. However, this is not a universal benefit since every card issuer does not offer such bonuses. If yours does, it is a good enough reason to buy Bitcoin using a credit card.
So that you know, you should have a well-thought-out strategy while buying Bitcoin with cards. First of all, you should not max out your credit card, impacting your daily life and credit score.
You should also be sure that you do not overspend and rack up a lot of debt. Provided that Bitcoin has a highly unsettled value, it is easy to get lost by buying too many Bitcoins at a time and losing a considerable sum.
However, if you can keep these things in check, using a card to buy Bitcoin can help you become a Bitcoin investor with minimal effort.
Where to buy BTC in New Zealand with a card?
Binance is one of the most popular international cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. You can use Binance to purchase Bitcoin in New Zealand (or elsewhere) with a card. Conveniently, you can finish the Bitcoin buying transaction in just a few minutes.
Though you can do this using its desktop and mobile apps, the web-based dashboard is the easiest option to buy and sell Bitcoin.
You can follow the steps given below to do it:
- You have to create an account on Binance cryptocurrency exchange and complete the basic KYC and verification processes. Depending on the ID you use, this process may take a few hours or days.
- You can now click on the Buy Now button to proceed with the transaction. On the next page, you will have to select the amount of money you want to spend and the coin you want to buy. You can choose New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Australian Dollar (AUD), or United States Dollar (USD) as the fiat currency and pick Bitcoin as the coin.
- Once you have done this, Binance will show you an option to add a new VISA or MasterCard to the account. You can provide the card information and billing address through the pop-up window.
- You can double-check the information and confirm the transaction to proceed. Binance will complete the card transaction in a few minutes, and you can find your Bitcoin in the selected cryptocurrency wallet.
As you can see, the process is very straightforward.
Binance is the exchange to use if you’re new to the world of cryptocurrency. It’s intuitive, easy to use, and supports all the most popular cryptocurrencies. It makes buying, selling, and trading simple and even the most novice users will enjoy the pleasant user interface Binance has to offer.
When it comes to buying and selling crypto, there are few exchanges better than Binance.Visit Binance
Coinbase is another trusted name in the international cryptocurrency industry. You can use this exchange to buy Bitcoin from New Zealand as well. The platform allows you to make the purchase using cards as well as debit cards.
However, time for some disclaimer: The card should support 3D Secure transactions. On Coinbase, you need to follow a slightly different transaction method, though.
The steps to do that are given below:
- You have to register for a free account on Coinbase and complete the verification processes.
- Now, you can navigate to the Payment Methods page, where you can see the payment options you have already added. You can click on the ‘Add a Credit/Debit Card’ button from the top.
- In this next step, you have to provide the card information and the billing information. You can proceed to see if the credit/debit card supports 3D Secure transactions.
- Coinbase will show an error message if the card does not support 3D Secure payments. If it does, you can see a message saying that the card has been added.
- Now, you can head to the Buy/Sell Digital Currency page, select the coin you want to buy, and select the card as the payment method to buy Bitcoin.
Once you have added the payment method, everything else is like clockwork.
One of the most popular sites to get started with crypto is Coinbase. This well-known wallet not only lets you buy, sell, and trade coins but also lets you earn more through short videos and courses. It’s a solid option for anyone new to the world of cryptocurrencies.
Learn about cryptocurrencies and more by visiting Coinbase today.Visit Coinbase
BitPrime is one of the few New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchanges that let you buy Bitcoin using a card.
You can use a VISA or MasterCard to pay for a transaction on the exchange. Since it is an NZ-based company, you can enjoy some extra features like better customer support. You also get the benefit of a simpler verification system.
You can do this in just three steps.
- Create an account on BitPrime and go to the ‘Buy With Credit Card’ page. You have to select how much Bitcoin you want to buy or the money you want to spend on this page.
- In this step, you have to provide the card details and billing information to process the transaction. BitPrime may also ask you to provide some personal information.
- Complete the transaction through multi-level verification, followed by identity verification. You can use Simplex to verify your identity, by the way. Once you have finished these steps, BitPrime would complete the transaction from its end.
You can now find the Bitcoin you purchased in your Bitcoin wallet. You can also consider hardware wallets to store your Bitcoin safely.
As we mentioned earlier, these three exchanges are your best shots if you want to buy Bitcoin using a card. Conveniently enough, these platforms support compatible debit ones as well.
BitPrime is a popular New Zealand based platform, registered as an NZ financial services provider, to buy or sell various cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin.
The company explicitly differentiates itself from exchanges and brokers by defining itself as a cryptocurrency retailer. What this means is that BitPrime does not act as a wallet, as most other platforms do.
Buying Bitcoin with card vs. other options
Here are some differences between buying Bitcoin using a card and other options like a wire transfer.
- Compared to bank transfer and POLi instant payments, using a card to buy Bitcoin is an easy task. You do not have to worry about credentials and verification codes once you have saved the card information to the crypto exchange.
- On the flip side, some exchanges may charge a considerable amount of transaction fee when you use a card. Though the exact number changes according to the exchange and currency, the rates are mostly higher than that of bank transfer or POLi.
- At the same time, you should provide your card information to exchanges that you trust. Otherwise, you may end up facing security issues. This is why we have recommended only the best and the most reliable cryptocurrency exchanges on this list.
Some cryptocurrency exchanges charge lower commissions, trading fees, and transaction fees if you have completed the additional ID verification steps. Therefore, before you buy Bitcoin with a card, you should ensure that the account is fully verified.
As you see, it does not take rocket science to buy Bitcoin with a card in New Zealand.
You just have to use the most appropriate cryptocurrency exchange and follow the standard security measures such as the two-factor authentication.
If you do all these, your VISA/MasterCard will help you jumpstart your career in Bitcoin investment. All this while, make sure you do not overspend or exhaust the card limit.